Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 red pepper (about 1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 4oz Feta, crumbled (about Â¾-1cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place lentils in a large pot with enough water to cover plus about an inch or two beyond that.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until lentils are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Let stand for a few minutes to drain well and cool off a bit.
- Finely chop all veggies, put in bowl and add Feta.
- In a separate bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once lentils have cooled a bit (they don’t need to be completely cold) add them to the bowl with the veggies.
- Pour in olive oil/lemon juice mixture and mix well.
- Allow to sit in fridge a few hours at least before serving.
Questions? Comments? Email me at heather (at) smallchangelife (dot) org or drop by my Facebook page and leave me a message, leave a comment below or feel free to start up a conversation in the discussion forum.